What is Individual Therapy?
Individual Therapy involves the client and the therapist and is appropriate for adults, teenagers and school age children who are having some problem specific in their lives. For more information on children and teenagers please refer to the designated page for Children, Adolescent and Teen Issues.
Have you recently experienced a traumatic life event?
- loss of a relationship
- a move
- job loss
- sexuality and gender issues
- alcohol/or drugs problems
Do you believe you could be doing so much more with your life but for some reason feel “stuck”?
Do you feel frightened, angry, depressed, helpless, or anxious?
What will Individual Therapy do for You?
Through individual counseling, we can help you find inner peace. Although everyone has their own definition of happiness, and personal goals differ, many of our clients describe finding inner peace as:
- Liking themselves and the people that they share their lives with.
- Being honest with themselves about their own personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Having faith in themselves, feeling self-confident, and having high self-esteem.
- Learning to be assertive yet respecting of others.
- Actively pursuing their own interests and dreams.
Sometimes individual therapy can also be helpful when one partner wishes to hold onto a relationship and the other has doubts about compatibility. Change in only one partner often results in changes in the relationship.
“Things do not change; we change.”
– Henry David Thoreau